- A ,2 which is not a break or a fracture in the strictest sense, insofar as it is more like a bent bone rather than a break. These types of fractures are most common in children.
- A transverse fracture, which is when the break occurs at a ninety degree angle to the bone’s axis.
- An oblique fracture which is a break when the bone has a curved shape to it.
- A comminuted fracture is when the bone breaks into several pieces.
- A compound fracture, which is when the bone pierces the skin or a foreign object breaks the skin at or near the place of the broken bone.
Thursday, February 2, 2017
How Broken Bones from Auto Accidents can Affect Your Life
Car accidents are capable of causing a variety of serious injuries, including broken bones, also known as .1 When bones break, it can cause severe pain, disfigurement, and even scarring in the event that the bone breaks the skin. Importantly, not all broken bones are the same: there are many different types of broken bones, including the following:
Regardless of the specific type of broken bone a person has sustained, making a full recovery can sometimes take up to several months, perhaps even longer if the person has to engage in extended physical and occupational therapy. In many cases, this results in extended time away from work or school and an inability to engage in daily tasks without pain or discomfort. In some cases, individuals who sustain broken bones may even need to stay in the hospital for a significant period of time while they undergo treatments such as traction.
Why You Need an Attorney after a Car Accident
Many people who break bones in a car accident wonder whether they need to retain an attorney to recover compensation. While it is certainly legal and possible to represent yourself after a car accident, doing so runs the risk of having significant uncompensated losses. In order to effectively negotiate with an insurance company, you need to have an idea of what your case is worth and be willing to take the matter to court if they are unwilling to make a reasonable settlement offer. Because most car accident victims are unfamiliar with determining the value of a car accident claims and personal injury litigation, the assistance of an attorney often significantly improves the outcome of their settlement negotiations.
Contact a Clearwater Car Accident Attorney Today to Schedule a Free Consultation
If you or someone you know were injured in a car accident, you should retain a skilled attorney to represent you interests as soon as you can. The Clearwater car accident attorneys, of the are skilled litigators who have the experience and knowledge required to get you the compensation you deserve. To schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers, call our office today at 727-451-6900 or .